Working with Ganache In The Tropics

I live on an island where the average temperature is 28 degrees C/82 degrees F, our coldest average is 25 degrees C/ 76 degrees F and that's around January. Our hottest month is in June and trust me it can be torture. Now, as I mentioned in previous posts, I use chocolate ganache under my fondant, but in order to do this I had to tweak the ratios a bit and choose the right time of day to work. I found that in the summer months, a 3:1 ratio works well for me. It is much thicker and dries out faster, and has a harder shell.  I use the Bakers Chocolate brand for my ganche as I find that it stands up really well to the heat. I usually make my ganache the day before, and ganche my cakes in the evening when it is cooler.  In the photos below I did exactly this and had great results. This cake was done in August where we have averages of 28 degrees C/ 82 degrees F with relative humidity between 67% and 90%. I deliberately left the cake out for and entire day to see if the ganache would hold up to the weather and it did! In the next few weeks I will be carrying out a similar experiment using white chocolate to see how it goes, so stay tuned. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to do so below.  












Comments

Popular Posts