Using The Right Techniques For your Climate

So you love making cakes and want to get better at it. You get on the internet to find information on how your favorite decorators in the U.S, U.K  and Australia are able to achieve such pristine finishes on their cakes. Then, the opportunity arises for you to put those tutorials to practice and.... things just won't behave like they said it would. Been there, done that. Just so you know, Ron Ben Israel is my favorite cake artist, and I have spent hours in front of the computer just going through his website, watching all his videos and drooling at his yummy looking cakes. The thing is, if I were to try decorating my cakes using the same methods as Ron, it would be a total disaster. Our climates are completely different and I just have to accept that and find out what works for me. There is nothing wrong in admiring the art of other caker and maybe having a little cake envy, but to be the best baker that you can be, you must use the recipes and techniques that are suitable to your location.


Comments

Popular Posts